Memory Care Services for Seniors With Alzheimer’s Disease or Dementia
Having a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia is challenging. These diseases are progressive, meaning they will worsen with time. Individuals with Alzheimer’s or dementia require constant care and monitoring, as their personal needs will increase as their cognitive ability declines. Help at Home Homecare offers memory care services from specially trained caregivers who understand the stages of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia and can offer compassionate, supportive care for these individuals.
Our licensed home health aides can provide the following memory care services to clients with Alzheimer’s and dementia:
- Hygiene care – Our HHAs can assist with showering, shampooing, and shaving. They will also help with teeth brushing, dressing, and other grooming tasks.
- Exercise assistance – Whether your loved one is healthy enough to go for a brisk walk or simply needs help walking around the house, our HHAs are there for him or her.
- Light household chores – Our HHAs will assist with chores as needed to maintain a safe environment.
- Incontinence assistance – If your loved one needs incontinent assistance or help with toileting, our HHAs can take care of this.
- Medication management – Our HHAs will be there to remind your loved one to take his or her medication and make sure it’s the right dose.
- Meal preparation – Our HHAs will take care of the shopping and complete any meal preparation needed to ensure your loved one is well-fed.
Exceptional Care, Service, and Support to All
Losing the ability to perform daily activities and the right to independence and privacy is a difficult prospect for seniors, and our caregivers understand that. That’s why we approach our memory care services knowing that preserving our seniors’ dignity and independence—while maintaining their safety—is a top priority. What’s more, we’re here to help the entire family and we’ll provide training on issues, expectations, and challenges of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
If you would like to discuss the memory care services with a registered nurse at Help at Home Homecare, contact us today to schedule an in-home assessment.